A chilly start to golf today but what a gorgeous day it was when the sun came out. Pretty good numbers again considering the cold with 14*9 hole players & 22*18 hole players competing in the Par events with Mulligans allowed to make Par more fun. I heard lots of funny stories about the day so we will have to do it again and maybe more Mulligans will be allowed next time.
As we had to use manual cards yesterday I did not get a chance to check them all properly last night but have input them manually today so all results can be seen. Note: As it was a Mulligan Day the scores from yesterday will not be uploaded to golflink.
There were a number of issues I found with score cards from yesterday as follows:
- Some handicaps were incorrect. Confirm your handicap with whoever is in the Pro Shop before starting if manual cards have to be used again.
- The name of the player and marker were not on all cards. Both are required even though you are scoring your own card.
- The score for both the player & marker must still show on the card even though each player is recording their own score.
- The number of strokes for each hole must be entered on the card where a plus (+) or square (0) is recorded. If the hole is wiped then no score is required, a minus is fine. There is no way to check the results are accurate otherwise!
- If we do play Mulligan again, please indicate on your score card which hole each Mulligan was used by showing ‘M’.
Results for the day are below, congratulations to all the winners and well done to all those who played on the day, hopefully you had fun:
- B Grade 18 Holes – Winner: Judith Whittaker (31) 6 Up, Runner Up: Linda Fredricson (25) 1 Down. Great score Judith, clearly your handicap is too high!!
- C Grade 18 Holes – Winner: Penny McCarthy (38) 1 Down, on count back from Runner Up: Viv Goodson (37).
- 9 Hole Players – Winner: Enid Hamilton (43) 1 Up, Runner Up: Lee Grubb (45) 2 Down on count back from Glenn Barber & Barbara Sargent.
All winners receive a Coles Myer voucher ($20 for 18 holes, $15 for 9 holes) Runners Up receive 2 balls each and lucky card winners, a ball each. Pro ball winners now receive a golf ball from Shane. All prizes will be in the Pro Shop by Thursday morning.
To win a Pro Ball this week a score of 3 Down or better was required in both the 9 and 18-hole events. Well done to the following 18 hole players: Lou Verstraelen, Cheryl Westcott, Val Morrison, Denise Law, & Anita Powell and to 9 hole players: Glenn Barber, Barbara Sargent & Pat Tindal.
Congratulations to Ilse Urlus & Sue White who were the Lucky card winners this week.
Another reminder to take a sand bucket to fill in divots on the tees and fairways and have that pitch repairer handy to repair pitch marks on the greens even if they are not yours. There were a lot yesterday!
Remember also to book online for Thursday & Saturday if you want to play & for Tuesday next week as well.
Take care & keep warm.